About Quadrant Chambers
Quadrant Chambers is made up of five experienced family law specialists practicing across the greater Auckland area and also at national level.
We cover the extensive range of issues facing modern families including:
- Resolving care arrangements for children
- Adoptions including international adoptions
- Protection orders and other urgent applications to the Family Court
- Care and protection orders involving applications filed in the Family Court
- Relationship property, spousal maintenance and child support
- Mediation and dispute resolution including family related mediation
- Elder law including applications under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Appeals to the High Court and Court of Appeal
- Hague Convention Applications
- Advice to overseas counsel
- Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation Act) Applications and Advice
Quadrant Chambers was established in 2010 when Hana Ellis, Andrew Finnie and Sharyn Otene decided to join forces and set up a professional and collegial Chambers with the aim of meeting the wide ranging and diverse needs of the modern Auckland community.
At the start of 2011 Quadrant was joined by Ling Ly who had previously worked across Auckland in a variety of roles. Ling was on parental leave for some time but has now returned to work.
In 2012 Quadrants numbers were further increased by the arrival of Ian Telford. Ian joined Quadrant with a diverse background bringing a wealth of experience from the United Kingdom and from the health sector in New Zealand.
In 2014 Janice Harland and Serena Hiku joined the team bringing over 20 year’s experience in a national law firm where Janice was a partner for many years. Janice and Serena bring a corporate element to the Chambers coupled with a calm and measured approach to client services and relationships.
In 2015 Sharyn Otene left Quadrant Chambers as she was appointed a Family Court Judge. The Chambers was joined by Dr Allan Cooke and Patrick Kannemeyer who have worked for many years as Family Law Barristers in the City. They are a welcome addition to our team bringing with them not only experience in many areas of family law but also involvement in a range of legal committees at regional and national level.
Collectively the Quadrant team has a strong focus on professional and client focused service with an eye on timely, friendly and efficient resolution of issues for clients.